Bing Places for Business (the equivalent of Google my business) is a free Bing service that enables businesses to add their listings to Bing.
Bing Places for Business can help local businesses by:
- Showing the business listing in local search results, making it more visible to online customers
- Allowing businesses to update their listings, helping to ensure customers have the right information
- Allowing businesses to verify ownership of their listing, helping to protect that listing from unauthorized changes
We have seen that a large % of our Microsoft advertisers are not listed on Bing Places and this means customers cannot find the right information about your business. It is incredibly easy to create a listing on Bing if you already have a Google My Business Account. Alexa voice search enabled devices to utilise Bing maps as well so if your listing isn’t correct then no one will find you when searching on these devices.
As with Google My Business having an effective listing helps boost your presence on the page and is totally free.
You can list your business by:
- Visit Bing Places
- Click New User
- The quickest way is to then import from GMB and you will receive instant verification and your business details will be copied over from GMB. The box image below shows the box you will see when choosing this option.
- If you don’t have GMB it is possible to set up as a new user but you need to complete the information manually, though the process is still pretty quick. More information can be found here to help.
- If you already have a Bing Places account please make sure to keep your information updated and its good practice to – have recent photos including photos of your team, ensure key information such as opening hours is correct, have reviews from customers and include information on special deals.
The following types of businesses are currently supported.
- Local businesses – Local and small businesses operating from a single location (e.g. restaurants, car dealers, museums).
- Business with multiple locations – National or regional chain businesses (e.g. retail stores, hotels) with multiple locations. Real estate management companies with multiple properties are also supported. These businesses can use the bulk upload file to more easily manage their listings.
- Businesses without a physical store – Businesses that offer their services at customer locations (e.g. cleaners, plumbers). While all businesses must provide a valid address for verification purposes, service provider businesses can choose to hide their address from search results.